|Back to Galleries||
Installing the script "L" inlay.
This is a piece of mother-of-pearl, previously cut out with a jewelers saw. Shown from upper left are:
1) The piece next to its position outlined with an x-acto knife and highlighted.
2) Test-fitting in a cavity that was routed out with a Dremel tool.
3) Filling the small gaps with dyed epoxy.
4) The hardened epoxy planed and polished.
5) (center) Complete, with lacquer finish applied.
© 2010 LMillsLuthier.com. All rights reserved. Website design and digital imaging: Art101.com